Homeopaths Without Borders – North America (HWB-NA) incorporated as a nonprofit humanitarian organization in the United States in 1996. We are an organization that offers both homeopathic treatment and education to foster independence in the use of homeopathic medicine. To date, we have provided service in Cuba, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, Trinidad and Haiti.
Join us in celebrating our many 2012 successes as we move ahead into our 2013 programs. Homeopaths Without Borders, thanks to your gifts, met its 2012 goals and more in Haiti, touching lives through clinics and education—continuing our post-earthquake relief work of helping Haiti to “build back better.” The Homeopathy to Haiti program is doing great so far and will become the template for other developing countries in need of healthcare.
We accomplished so much in 2012, thanks to you.
- HWB volunteers provided homeopathic care to 890 people in 2012 in community clinics in Port-au-Prince and rural communities—in some locations, a full two-day walk from the nearest doctor.
- We concluded our inaugural, four-part Fundamentals of Homeopathy program, training and certifying 13 Haitian homeopathic caregivers, who earned the title “Homeopathe Communautaire.”
- We enrolled 24 students and began the second Fundamentals program in rural Belle Anse, the remote, southeastern coastal region of Haiti.
- To ensure that homeopathy holds a respected and sanctioned place in Haiti’s healthcare community, the Homeopathe Communautaires are currently seeking licensing through Haiti’s Ministry of Health.
- We’ve begun to develop valuable organizational infrastructure in Haiti, by partnering with two community services nonprofits in Haiti and establishing an on-site homeopathic stocking pharmacy in Port-au-Prince.
Together, we’ll accomplish even more in 2013.
- We plan to train as many as 40 additional Homeopathe Communautaires in 2013.
- We’ll support the Homeopathe Communautaires as they grow with study groups and ongoing clinical support provided by our volunteer homeopaths.
- The 2012 graduates of the Fundamentals program will become teachers, moving HWB toward achieving our vision of Haitians teaching Haitians.
- We hope to bring continuing homeopathic medical care to the people of Haiti, reaching nearly three times as many people as we did in 2012.
- We plan to initiate a training program in 2013 for Haitian midwives and birth attendants for homeopathic therapeutics in pregnancy, delivery and postpartum care.
We’ve accomplished so much together but there’s still so much more to do. We’re counting on your help to fund these programs as they grow and to fund future programs as well.
Please consider a donation of $25, $50, $100, $500, $1,000—or more—to Homeopaths Without Borders. Your support is more important than ever. Donate online today and help us bring homeopathic healthcare and training to even more people in the coming year.
Any amount of donation helps buy remedies and supplies. Thank you for your support!
For more information on the work of Homeopaths Without Borders in Haiti and beyond, visit the Reports From the Field page.